Thursday, March 01, 2007

"I teach this..."

In his blog post from February 27, Steve references a great Robin Williams line from the movie "Good Will Hunting": "I teach this s**t, I didn't say I know how to do it."

Yep, I’ve been there, too.

It almost felt like that kind of an experience at a coaching gig, this last week in the Seattle, Washington area. There I was, the subject matter expert, and lo and behold… well, I believe the participants in the training taught me as much, if not more, than I taught them.

It’s being willing to live, being willing to act on, a Ripple-centric life that keeps me from staying there in that “I didn't say I know how to do it” place... keeps me from not knowing “how to do it.”

Whatever “it” may be.

It’s because people truly are an Unbelievable Treasure Chest of Oppertuinty. When I get out of my own head long enough to see, and experience, the wonder being gifted to me through the light of others, I discover I am being enriched beyond any expected measure.

Thus, I am stretched as I learn and grow... lifelong-learning as I get further along the path to knowing “how to do it.”

Thank you to one-and-all who have directly, and indirectly, been a Treasure Chest for me.

I humbly offer you the same in return.


# # #

No comments: