Friday, April 21, 2006

Ripple Adventures!

I have been involved in the 8 Minute Ripple community for quite some time now. I work with Steve Harper , the creator of the event and it never ceases to amaze me the wonderful people I meet! Every time we have an event, I end up meeting someone new to add to my circle of friends or to work with in some capacity.

I have been in Austin for 3 years now and am always looking for new people to do things with. After taking a trip to Peru with my dad earlier in the year, I promised myself I would do more hiking and exploring here in Austin. I just needed some buddies to do this with.

Well I found one new buddy at the event, Marcie, and reconnected with another buddy, Prince. I have known Prince since last June and had no idea of his interest in hiking and love for music until it came up in a follow up conversation after the event. When I followed up with Marcie after the event, I realized she had similar interest! All of this came out of a networking event!?? That amazes me! Well as a result the three of us are connecting tomorrow to go for our first hiking adventure at McKinney Falls.

I am grateful for the way the 8 Minute Ripple events are set up to allow people to be themselves, this way you can truly get to know who people are rather than just what they do!

Will keep you posted on our adventures!

Till next time...

Asha

1 comment:

PRahman said...

The three of us wouldn’t have fallen in that volcano if we hadn’t been chased by that big mean lion, much less gotten sat upon by an elephant once we crawled out…. Oh, wait, that’s a different story!

In actuality, here’s my point: each of us, in a sense, is writing the book of his or her life. What criteria we choose to use for defining what constitutes a sentence, paragraph, chapter, and so on is as varied as we are. Yet, this by no means prevents any one of us from contributing to, or learning from, another’s book.

As to the nature of this contributing/learning...
That we interact with others throughout our lives is inevitable. That we do it in a fully conscious and spiritually healthy manner, on the other hand, is not so inevitable. It requires intention and practice. 8 Minute Ripple is a wonderful forum for such intention and practice.

For you skeptics: Yes, I am fully cognizant that we live in a culture/society that does not genuinely associate consciousness and spiritual health with professional life (or, for that matter, with personal life). What a pity! Imagine all those generations of American professionals professionally suffering their high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and migraines… that they didn’t necessarily have to suffer!

Any how, rather than keeping the experience of interacting/communicating in a fully conscious and spiritually healthy manner in some esoteric, ivory tower realm (really, what should the price of enlightenment be?), 8 Minute Ripple lets people experience it in a grounded, down-to-earth way… in a way that applies to both professional and personal life.

Okay, so, getting back to the good part… Once Asha got us free from the elephant by telling it this very funny story about gourmet guinea pigs, we encountered this really indignant frog that Marcie almost stepped on…